Marriage Migrants International marriage guide
International marriage program
International marriage guide program
Any Korean national who is marring a foreign national from a country officially designated by the Ministry of Justice (China, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Thailand) or who are planning to invite a foreign spouse to Korea shall complete the international marriage guide program as a prerequisite for marriage migrant (F-6) visa application.
- Eligible applicants
- Korean nationals who are marring a foreign national from the selected countries or who are planning to invite a foreign spouse to Korea
- Officially designated countries
- China, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Thailand
- ① Sign up to be a member of the Immigration & Social Integration Network and register for the international marriage guide program
② Complete the 4 hour-long program
- Participants are required to present the receipt and their ID.
- ③ Receive certificate of completion
④ Apply for the F-6 visa
- When applying for the marriage migrant (F-6) visa, applicants are required to submit the certificate of completion to the Korean embassies or consulates.
- The course certificate is valid for five years from the date of creation.
- Program exemptions
- Wherein a Korean national who was in relationship with his/her spouse in the spouse’s country or a third country for 6 months or more with a long-term visa for academic and professional purposes.
- Wherein a foreign national was in relationship with his/her Korean spouse while legally staying in Korea for 91 or more days.
- Wherein the foreign spouse is pregnant or has given birth to a child of the Korean national, or wherein an applicant needs to be exempt from the program for humanitarian reasons.